Lancer Register Forum banner

get the evo in to a mag

507 views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Pimp Daddy 
#1 ·
just wanding what it takes to get an evo in to a magazine any one got theres in id just like to no what kind of spec would get 1 in

john

#2 ·
I think if its a nice example with at least a stage 2 setup then your in with a chance. depends on the mag too. If you want to get in maxpower all you need is a tonne of filler and a bass bin in the boot but for a good mag for grown ups then it would have to be a nice clean example with say 400 bhp and a spec list that is worth reading something more than just a remap and fuel pump..

#9 ·
i should think to get the power you have you must have a juicy spec and thats what they want.. good luck mate im sure with that your a dead cet for centre page... let us all know when it happens so we can get a copy... there was a e7 in 1 the other day with flip paint and only a mild spec and your car is miles nicer and far better spec'd ..

#11 ·
To get into a mag you have to get noticed, you need to go to car shows, meets, events. Yeah you can email them, but your car really has to stand out if you want to get a reply.

You need a good spec aswell as a car that stands out from the norm.

Best thing would be a show, as they have their people there looking for cars and they then see the car in the flesh, as its much better than any pic (you can see all the bad aswell as the good ;) )

I was lucky Redline saw my car at Donny Show and asked me if i would feature it.

Couple of weeks later i had maxpower email me as they seen my car on different sites etc. But already chose Redline, its in this months mag if your interested ;)

Cheers Mark

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.