Lancer Register Forum banner

Mlr At Time Attack - Wow!

3K views 38 replies 25 participants last post by  Evo7d 
#1 ·
I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who came along yesterday and supported the club at Brands, it was a fantastic turnout, better than anyone imagined (Darin & Michell included i reckon)

I watched the parade lap and it was awesome to see you guys doing a bit of posing out there.

We had a great day, brilliant fun and an excellent end to the season.

My biggest well done has to go to Kev Atkins (T27) & Rich Gasson (RG) you guys were flying out there, Kev managed to beat my pro time with a 52 second lap in the final!

Thanks to everyone who has supported the Evos this season and taken part, without your dedication & commitment it wouldnt have done so well.

Massive thank you to Darin, Mechell, Nige, Mrs Nige (sorry im a bugger for names :D and all the gang!) I think everyone will agree you have done an outstanding job.

Roll on 2008!

Rob

See less See more
#2 ·
WOW is the only description, what a series :cool: big thanks to Rob, Andy and Glen for giving us "Time Attack" nothing comes close guys :beerchug:

My personal thanks are of course to MAD Mark Shead himself, it would not have been possible without his skill and knowledge with the car. Can't ask for more when your tuner drives to Scotland to be on hand :coolsm:

So many people to thank, Impulse Performance and D2 for the suspension, Dean and Rod at MAD, Paul ( Red Bull ) for taking the pressure off me and prepping the car throughout the day, Clive and Danny at RC for parts and lots of banter :D MLR and members for great support throughout the season ( Best club or what :rockon: ) .....................And of course Debs ( other half ) for understanding my shrinking bank account ;) and constant car talk.

One of the best things I noticed was the way TA has moved the Tuners onto another level, to see them helping each other and freely exchanging information is superb.

Roll on next year

Kev

#3 · (Edited)
Awesome event and awesome day with the lot of you :D ;)

Thanks has to go out to Rob & Andy & all the organisers of the event, it really opened our eyes being the first one for us this year :cool:

Well done to all the guys who took awards, watching you drive was a pleasure in itself ;)

Thanks to our customers who came to support us, we finished on a high and were very pleased with the results after such a poor start for us at Donnington & Silverstone :D

Big well done to Darin & Mechell and the MLR gang with the excellent turnout and drive by :coolsm:

Can't wait for next year it's looking like it's going to be the biggest and best yet with the calibre of cars and drivers out there in both Pro & Club classes :cool:

Was great to be a part of it ;)

The RSE team

#4 ·
well done Rob

was my first visit and was a pretty good day. however it could have been better if there was more info on how it all worked and on peoples times as they happened, as it just seemed like a trackday for rich blokes at times...

as far as the parade, it was an impressive sight but there was still a couple of pratts spoiling it..no names,, i was 4th in the parade and the donut at the front was generally braking all the rules set out by Darin.. i was watching the spectators reaction which was not one of admiration...

sorry to gripe but i am sure the pace car driver was upset too who had to keep stopping to prevent that numpty stopping and launching his car through the gears..

#5 ·
Rob said:
well done Rob

was my first visit and was a pretty good day. however it could have been better if there was more info on how it all worked and on peoples times as they happened, as it just seemed like a trackday for rich blokes at times...

as far as the parade, it was an impressive sight but there was still a couple of pratts spoiling it..no names,, i was 4th in the parade and the donut at the front was generally braking all the rules set out by Darin.. i was watching the spectators reaction which was not one of admiration...

sorry to gripe but i am sure the pace car driver was upset too who had to keep stopping to prevent that numpty stopping and launching his car through the gears..
Must be a cheerfull houshold you come from.

Yeah, would have ruined my day if i was a kid watching :rolleyes:

#7 ·
Rob said:
:) sorry dont mean to be a mardy arse..

but i was a little jarred at the time, its muppets like this that prevent darins hard work from being repeated in the future..
you were not the only one that noticed that to$$er behind the pace car :rolleyes: mind you everybody who was in the pit line were laughing at him and calling him, it is true people like that do ruin it for the rest.

#13 ·
blair said:
So what exactly did he do?
We was told to keep a steady speed with the safety car and no hanging back and giving it the big one, simple really.

He did not do this, held back so he had a gap and did the big run up which had a knock on effect on the convoy meaning people further down where at a stand still on the track, if he had stayed with the safety car we would have all picked a pace and gone round at a better speed than we was.

I have no idea who it was but his actions where noted my people on the MLR stand and comments were made.

Lee

#15 ·
Lee5 said:
We was told to keep a steady speed with the safety car and no hanging back and giving it the big one, simple really.

He did not do this, held back so he had a gap and did the big run up which had a knock on effect on the convoy meaning people further down where at a stand still on the track, if he had stayed with the safety car we would have all picked a pace and gone round at a better speed than we was.

I have no idea who it was but his actions where noted my people on the MLR stand and comments were made.

Lee
I bet his mothers proud :rolleyes:

#16 ·
Lee5 said:

Lee
Oh right. Sounds like a prick to me that doesnt give a damn about the MLR reputation.

#17 ·
silver 8mr...4 lads in it..tbh they looked like they were better suited on the market hill in there local town showing off to corsas not a few hundred car enthusiasts that probably have more than an exhaust and filter to be impressed with...

#19 ·
Yeah I saw the guy. I was walking past and saw him literally stop, leave a big gap, and then give it the big one.

It's not the end of the world or anything, but it goes against what Darin had asked of members. I can see that being on a track might seem like an ideal opportunity to do such a thing, but not when you are specifically told not to beforehand.

Like I said though, it's not the end of the world, and it was on a race circuit after all. Let's just hope it doesn't blacken the name of the MLR at all.

#21 ·
Although the silver 8 was the most obvious , there where plenty of other people doing it aswell, I was about 15 from the front and could see at least 8 or 9 of those in front doing the same thing.

It was a race circuit with 50 odd EVO's on it, what do you expect? No harm was done and it didn't get out of hand which is the important thing.

We where the lunchtime entertainment after all. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.