Lancer Register Forum banner

Advice after test drive Evo 9

3K views 35 replies 18 participants last post by  Evo9Edd 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

Test drove an Evo 9 MR 360 today, details below :-

http://dealerservices.autotrader.co.uk/GetDealer.do?did=9449&pageid=2

It's at Gordon Lamb Mitsubishi in Chesterfield at the top of the page.

Seems in great condition, car was pulling left slightly but the guy said they had only just got it in and it hasn't been looked over by the mechanics yet or serviced. Car has done 7500 miles and was owned by Mitsubish allegedly by a Director. I asked if it was a press car and they said no and pointed out two others car they had and said they were press cars. I haven't got the reg but does anyone know it a gunmetal grey mr 360 was a presscar and if so the reg?

Any thoughts on the particular car or advice?

Thanks

#2 ·
My advice would be dont buy it if youre not confident about its history. at a tad under 30 grand it doesnt appear to be a good price either. There must be others out there with traceable history, owners etc, buy one of them. Plus pulling to the left??? wouldnt touch it with a barge pole, offer em 20 grand

#4 ·
Carbon splitter was definitely on the car today so not sure why its missing on the picture.

The car was great, the pulling left was only slightly and he said could be down to incorrect tyre pressure, I would drive it again before parting with any money after the mechanics have looked at it.

As for the history, I can only judge on what the dealer has said to me, i'm just wary i don't want to buy a press car!

If you can point me in the direction of some other mr 360's in gunmetal within 150 miles of Birmingham that you think are better please point me in the direction :)

Keep the feedback coming, its all helpful

#8 ·
Right, found this thread http://www.lancerregister.com/showt...rpage=15&highlight=press AND car&pagenumber=2

So when i ring up tomorrow to check the reg i'll find out if it's a press car or not and the price they paid for it.

Should I avoid a press car like the plague, or is it worth haggling an extended warranty or will they tell me to f*ck off and hope they sell it on to another mug who doesn't do any homework....

#17 ·
Yes well done that man, just checked the reg in google and could only find those pics aswell.

Also realised its xtreme photography not xtreme.

One track day at what looks like spa doesn't mean the car's ruined though.

Nice that the mitsubishi director who owned it took it to Spa.......

#20 ·
Chew said:
there seems to be a lot of bad points here imo

and i only signed up today
not really, only bad points I can see are

1) highish price but I haven't said i'd pay that
2) pulling left slightly, wheels are perfect so will get them to check and report as to what was the cause
3) picture of the car on a trackday - aslong as it hasn't been spanked round a track for 7500 miles I don't see the problem. most evo's end up on a track sooner or later - plus I have over 2 years of warranty left

Car pictured on a trackday, might leave that up my sleeve for another time ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.