Lancer Register Forum banner

Evo and baby

3K views 50 replies 38 participants last post by  Damd VI 
#1 · (Edited)
Right folks, whats the general opinion. Wife is expecting first kiddie in November, and nearly everyone says to us both, "you'll be getting rid of the evo for a more sensible car" :confused:

Is it going to be that impractical???? After all, the best reply was when the missis said it was just a quick four door family saloon :D :D :D

Must be folks out there with kids and baby seats fitted, they aren't impractical, are they???!!!! I use this motor as my everyday car, whats the general opinion?

See less See more
#4 ·
Unless you and your wife are planning on having quads or something I wouldnt be getting rid of it. Honestly could you think of a more practical car for a family with 1-3 kids?? I cant, boot, 3 kids in rear and 4 doors what more do you need. Can be driven sensibly just the same as a poxy 3 series or an A4. Keep it.

People think life has to end and sensible head has to go on when a baby arrives, in a way yes you do but it certainley aint time for pipe and slippers and a Vectra. :) or unless you want to

Mine is a family car for me, the GF and 8yr old son.

#13 ·
Ive had the same crap - two girls - Evo8, at 1 or 2 they are fine but my eldest is now 5 and her legs are too long so we bought an MPV aswell and life is soo much easier....no sick/sweeties/milk etc in the back of the Evo - :crackup: :crackup: keep that for the wifes bus :p

#15 ·
We got rid of the BMW coupe for a more practical 4 door saloon when Richard was born - that being the Evo of course. The VII onwards even have Isofix points for fitted baby seats, you can't get more practical than that. We bought a black bath towel to put on the seat underneath Ricahrd's seat to save the upholstery from getting messed up & a "Stuff 'n' Scuff" protector from Halfords for the back of the front seat so he doesn't kick it to bits. BTW, the Recaro baby seats are all show & no go - not very well made and not very well rated for impact protection, stick with Britax or Maxi Cosi, you can always get them re-badged ;)

#19 ·
How exciting a baby on the way....

we had a Ford Focus ST170 and we had a baby but when she was about 5months old we bought the evo cus they are 5door... its great excuse.. We have the Recaro seat to match too which is very well made but they have to be bout 9months old to be in this one.. she loves it

so keep it..............

Sarah

#20 ·
Ferg F said:
Right folks, whats the general opinion. Wife is expecting first kiddie in November, and nearly everyone says to us both, "you'll be getting rid of the evo for a more sensible car" :confused:

Is it going to be that impractical???? After all, the best reply was when the missis said it was just a quick four door family saloon :D :D :D

Must be folks out there with kids and baby seats fitted, they aren't impractical, are they???!!!! I use this motor as my everyday car, whats the general opinion?
Foster parents. :crackup: :crackup: :crackup:

#22 ·
Keep your Evo if you can afford too... :D

My little boy is now 20mth - he loves going out in it.... He isn't quite talking yet but every time you give it a few beans he goes "weeeeeeeeee", I Love it, he has never said that in any other car! :p

You can fit every thing in the large boot too for a full day trip - Great family car!

KEEP IT!

James :D

#23 ·
We have our 3rd on the way and I picked up my new IX MR today. Had to get another due to the practicality of it as well as the performance potential (when the kids are not in it ;) )

Looked at all sorts of other cars but always seemed to end up back at the evo.

David.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.