Lancer Register Forum banner

How do you drive your evo?

2K views 37 replies 35 participants last post by  JT 
#1 ·
im just curious to know how other people drive there evos.
do you use it daily or weekends,and how do you drive.
are you trashing it or nice and easy?

#7 ·
I've got a cheap Fiesta I bought just for work. Use the Fez 3-4 days per week then the Evo the other days for work.

On a weekend it depends what we're doing & where we're going. We either use the Evo or my g/fs A3 ;)

Altho for the last couple of months i've had to use the Evo most days due to the g/fs A3 needing a new gearbox so she's been using the Fez. I let her use the Evo on the odd day tho :D

Craig :cool:

#9 ·
mine sits for 6 weeks at a time gathering a little dust and a pile of goodies,,,,then for two weeks it gets taken to bits rebuilt and driven the way it was supposed to be....cant wait to get home - have dreams and nightmares about the *******...but I love it

#16 ·
drive mine to work every day, mon-friday morning I tend to drive it reasonably normally, with odd blasts on the by-pass.

friday afternoon it gets hammered, I finish work at 1:30 and want to get home to give it a clean

sunday morning on the way to work I see just how much fuel I can use in 16 miles... :D sunday on the way home is gentle, to many old duffers on the way to the garden centre :mad:

#19 ·
I use my 5 mainly as a competition car but is sees some road use now and again to test the latest mod :D

#24 · (Edited)
I used to drive my Evo 8 like a rally car (well, in my head anyway). i'd take it out at 1am on country roads, no people, no cars, only myself to hurt.

Used to do this one jump at about 100mph quite a lot till I knackered my front suspension. One day I did another at about 70mph and the car bounced all over the road. Wasn't a good feeling. Suspension started knocking so I gave up jumping my car. Was great fun though.

Another day I was messing about (early morning again) learning how to powerslide around this certain corner near where I live. I got really good at it, foot to the floor in 2nd gear using the sidewindow. It was a wide road. But...one day I took it wrong, hit the inside curb, kept my foot down and hit the curb on the other side of the road....proper tank slapper, then I gave up and hit the other side again. 4 buckled wheels and the tracking and geom slightly out to say the least :rolleyes:

The reason I joined the MLR was because of the above. I bought all 4 Enkeis for £76 each. £410 each at the dealers :eek:

So thats how I used to drive my Evo 8. Like a ***** really but always away from others.

Now I have my evo 5 and use that for sprinting and the odd trackday...and the odd blast. No long powerslides, no more jumps etc. Don't use it on the road much lately. It wants for nothing and leaves me with fooooooooooook all in my wallet :crackup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.