Lancer Register Forum banner

Newbie Buyer Advice Please

577 views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  amazingjames 
#1 ·
I'm thinking of getting an EVO next and I've a budget of £19,000ish. Any advice welcome as I havn't got a clue...

#7 ·
ˆˆGood news on the reliability front :)

ˆThere are a couple of nice modded 8MRs about well within budget. Is there a big difference between an 8MR and a 9FQ? From what I've been trawling through they look relatively similar..?

BTW - in case it makes any difference - I would be using the car everyday (12,000 miles a year) and want to do track time and Ring trips when I can.

#12 ·
If you can find an VIII MR which has been modified by someone reputable with the right bits I would say its a better buy than a standard IX as it will probably be a bit cheaper. That's assuming you're going to mod your car anyway as the modifications don't tend to add much to the price.

#13 ·
Get a 9 gt... No other reason really other than if i had the dosh that's the 1 i'd buy myslf.. might have to start saving but really want to make my e6 something special first so can't do both... good luck with whatever you choose mate all the evo's are cracking cars even the 260's..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.