Lancer Register Forum banner

Had a bump this morning.

1K views 22 replies 11 participants last post by  jeni 
#1 ·
Had my first bump today for 7 years. I run into the back of a Pug 106 at a roundabout but fortunately no damage sustained to either car. The only damage was to my pride.

I was approaching a roundabout which was clear, I assumed the car in front had set off as I was looking to the right to make sure it was still clear for me to enter the roundabout but the guy had stopped. I run into the back of him and cannot believe there was no damage other than a minor scuff to my bumper.

Still kicking myself for making such a stupid error.

#7 ·
partner

Probably havnt spoke to their partner yet,they,ll be jumping on their back later on,be in wheelchair in an hour lol :D .
Nice to hear theres still good people about that dont take the pi~s

#8 ·
Don't beat yourself up about it mate, like everyone else has said these things happen! I've had a few near misses myself in exactly the same situation as yours where the road is absolutely clear so you automatically presume the car infront will pull-out but doesn't (for some ****** unknown reason :mad: ) Luckily so far though I've looked back just in the nick of time to ram my brakes on

#9 ·
RS_Cosworth said:
Don't beat yourself up about it mate, like everyone else has said these things happen! I've had a few near misses myself in exactly the same situation as yours where the road is absolutely clear so you automatically presume the car infront will pull-out but doesn't (for some ****** unknown reason :mad: ) Luckily so far though I've looked back just in the nick of time to ram my brakes on
Cheers fella. I've had a few near misses with deer so I should count my lucky stars.

#11 ·
LEEVO said:
For goodness sake, don't lose your concentration at work! ;)

...I hope the EVO has no hidden damage!
:crackup:

I've had a good ferret around and can't see any hidden damage. People passing me by the side of the road must have thought I was trying to rip the bumper off. Theres no craked or flaked paint and no metal looks creased. No vibrations and car drives just as it did. Fortunately I hit it square on.

Funny thing was, I was on my way to take it in for its MOT which it passed with flying colours, even though the tyres are on the wear indicators.

#12 ·
Bazzer said:
:crackup:

Funny thing was, I was on my way to take it in for its MOT which it passed with flying colours, even though the tyres are on the wear indicators.
Glad no damage to the motor, or anyone else.

Does anyone else run their tyres this low???? I dumped the first set after 9000miles :confused: !!! That was when they had only 3mm left. The new set look as though they are going to be the same. Running the Bridgestone Potenza. Is anyone getting significantly more miles out of their tyres than that?

Was thinking next time round to putting on the Yoko A-048R's, will they give similar mileage to the Bridgestone?

#13 ·
This is one of the most common accidents, my work mate giving me a lift home recently 'almost' done the same thing.I shouted at the last few seconds and we stopped about 1 cm from his back bumper! Indecisive women are normally the route cause. :D

#16 ·
Glad to hear there was no damage Bazzer! was it a round a bout near home?

We have sold my partners evo & mine is still off the road, so I have the pleasure of driving my old mans Vectra Estate at the moment - can't wait to get my car back.

Don't see you on the road much, but have seen your car outside your house a lot when we go for a stroll.

Jen

#17 ·
jeni said:
Glad to hear there was no damage Bazzer! was it a round a bout near home?

We have sold my partners evo & mine is still off the road, so I have the pleasure of driving my old mans Vectra Estate at the moment - can't wait to get my car back.

Don't see you on the road much, but have seen your car outside your house a lot when we go for a stroll.

Jen
Hi Jeni,

I wondered why I haven't seen your about for a while. Mines used & abused daily but work at Sizewell so rarely drive towards Woodbridge which is why you may not have seen me for a while.

The bump happened on the roundabout at the top of Melton Hill that joins the A12.

#18 ·
Ferg F said:
Glad no damage to the motor, or anyone else.

Does anyone else run their tyres this low???? I dumped the first set after 9000miles :confused: !!! That was when they had only 3mm left. The new set look as though they are going to be the same. Running the Bridgestone Potenza. Is anyone getting significantly more miles out of their tyres than that?

Was thinking next time round to putting on the Yoko A-048R's, will they give similar mileage to the Bridgestone?
The problem with Bridgestones mate, is that they are made up of a dual compound rubber, nice soft rubber on the outside, but as you wear them down the compund gets harder and harder to make them durable. This is why they get less grippy as the tread depth reduces. I used them on my CTR and as you say, I had to replace them with 3mm of tread left.

I'm currently using Yoko Advan Sports and they have been fine hence why I have got as much out of them as possible. They are being changed Sunday when I pick up my new wheels, although they will have Yoko AVS Sports, which again is another tyre I like.

#19 ·
Bazzer said:
I'm currently using Yoko Advan Sports and they have been fine hence why I have got as much out of them as possible. They are being changed Sunday when I pick up my new wheels, although they will have Yoko AVS Sports, which again is another tyre I like.
Cheers for the reply, I use to use the AVS Sport when I had my BM, and was getting about 12000 out of the rears (a bit more out the fronts). Could I expect the same mileage with these on the evo?

I thought the AVS Sports were a really good performing tyre both in the wet and dry.

Cheers - ferg

#20 ·
Ferq,

Assuming you don't use them on track days then I would say 12000 miles is possible. I've covered about that on my current tyres (Advan Sports) with 2 trackdays.

All depends on your driving style I suppose, but my EVO is used daily come rain or shine and is used mainly on B Roads and I certainly don't drive around like a granny. ;)

#21 ·
Bazzer said:
Ferq,

Assuming you don't use them on track days then I would say 12000 miles is possible. I've covered about that on my current tyres (Advan Sports) with 2 trackdays.

All depends on your driving style I suppose, but my EVO is used daily come rain or shine and is used mainly on B Roads and I certainly don't drive around like a granny. ;)
Thats it then, when the Bridgestones are past their best, it is on with the AVS's :) .

Cheers for that

#22 ·
Ferg F said:
Thats it then, when the Bridgestones are past their best, it is on with the AVS's :) .

Cheers for that
I think you'll struggle to get Yoko AVS now mate as I believe Yoko stopped making them. This is the reason I went for Advan Sports instead. The IX 360 wheels I'm picking up on Sunday have AVS fitted so thats a bonus. :coolsm:

#23 ·
Bazzer said:
Hi Jeni,

I wondered why I haven't seen your about for a while. Mines used & abused daily but work at Sizewell so rarely drive towards Woodbridge which is why you may not have seen me for a while.

The bump happened on the roundabout at the top of Melton Hill that joins the A12.
Ahh I kinda guessed it would be that roundabout, people are always pranging each other there.

My oil was delivered today ( thanks OPIE OILS!) so we are one stage closer to being back on the road.

See you around!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.