Lancer Register Forum banner

Fuel Consumption

2K views 32 replies 23 participants last post by  Ferg F 
#1 ·
this has probably been covered before but here goes:

EVO 8 260 with exhaust filter and re map 310bhp approx

Normal round the town steady driving = 180 miles to a tank
Track day = 100 ish miles to £80 of fuel

Is this the norm the round town I can stomach but the consumption on the track is atrotious.

There was another evo on the track that seemed to use quite a bit less than me.

What could cause this poor fuel consumption.

Please Help

#8 ·
my old 7 was running around 400 bhp and I used to get abou 50 miles to a full tank of vpower on track and about 120 ish on the road.

my new 8 does about 180ish to a tank now on the road (bigger tank than the 7 had) but not tracked it yet so can't comment.

that economy you are getting is normal for an evo running that sort of power.. so i shouldn't worry :)

HTH

Nige

#10 · (Edited)
When driving around you're usually cruising at 2k revs and off boost so aren't using much fuel. When on track if not braking you're constantly at wide open throttle, all the way up the rev range and on full boost. WTF did you expect?

Have to say this is the first time I've ever seen someone complain about MPG on track, what is the world coming to :rolleyes:

Edit to add: If another evo was using less fuel maybe their ecu map was not as rich as yours. Also information like 100 miles for £80 or 180 miles to a tank is literally useless. Work out your actual MPG and people can tell you if it is abnormal as £80 worth of petrol for you might cost someone else £100 and no-one knows when you fill your car up so we can't tell what a "tank" of petrol is for you.

#14 ·
...read it and weep ladies :p its easy when you know how, with your first cup of tea or coffee in the morning, instead of sugar try a heap'd tea-spoon of self control :angel: .....

Aidy, close your eyes a second; now then everyone else, we all have moments of one-up-man-ship, the trick is not to rise to it, unless like me you only play with things you'd like to see in your dream garage....this my friends is the best way to conserve fuel, an' its not like i live in an area that isn't adorned with beautiful cars, temptation is never too far away :coolsm:

Attachments

#15 ·
Gingerpimp said:
...read it and weep ladies :p its easy when you know how, with your first cup of tea or coffee in the morning, instead of sugar try a heap'd tea-spoon of self control :angel: .....

Aidy, close your eyes a second; now then everyone else, we all have moments of one-up-man-ship, the trick is not to rise to it, unless like me you only play with things you'd like to see in your dream garage....this my friends is the best way to conserve fuel, an' its not like i live in an area that isn't adorned with beautiful cars, temptation is never too far away :coolsm:
But you only have a 260. Proper evos drink more juice :p

#20 ·
I thought your car was a 260 badged up as a 300 aidy.

I'm sure someone told me that at some point.

oh well, I manage an average of 20-22 mpg on the roads and at knockill I managed 7-10 mpg on the track. that's with a 330 with a decat.

Aidy said:
How many litres does the 260's tank hold? I know the VII had the smallest of them all, just wondering if the 260 has the same tank as the non-260.

#24 ·
I think you'll find that your on track fuel consumption is actually 0mpg. You start in the pit lane, drive round and round in a loop for a while, then come back to the same place ;)

Seriously though, the only way that you'll get better on track mpg is to drive something considerably lighter like an Elise or a MotorBike.

For comparison I got 7.75mpg out of my Evo VI at Bruntingthorpe and 29mpg on the way back up the M1 (steady 70mph). Usual fuel consumption is 21-22mpg.

Rob

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.