Lancer Register Forum banner

Evo Ii

369 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Edge 
#1 · (Edited)
Evo 2

Hi im going to view and maybe buying a EVO II
As i Cant find any used reviews.
what are there cars like reliability and fun as i have been driving a toyota turbo for years and there bullet proof.. but speed calls and the evo is tops..
i only would use the car on weekends as i have a works van so petrol cost are no problem Is there any common problem with evo 2's that i should look out for ??
Regards
and with all luck i will be a new evo owner

#3 ·
There can be a mele' of problems - have you tried the search function? ;)

#4 ·
No problems on the Evo II are major unless you get the wonderful crank walk but dont let that put you off as its just bad luck if the car gets it or it doesnt, some cars run for ever without it and others can go within 5k miles.

The main things to be looking out for are gearbox crunching (Usually synchros)

Bushes clunking and bumping (Simple straight forward replacement required which isnt expensive)

Rust on the roof (Again some get it some dont, its down to the bonding used between the roof skin and the cross members gathering damp)

Reliability is great mine never misses a beat (Touch wood) and I use mine every day of the week. All it needs is everyday wear and tear items like bushes at the mo or tyres, oil and brakes.

Fun factor is out of this world, raw but not so raw as its unenjoyable, fast and just plain good fun to drive. No driving aids such as AYC etc just ABS so you can drive it to it's or your limits depending which comes first lol.

As your only using it at the weekend mpg isnt an issue but tbh its not that bad at all compared to the later Evos.

Hope that all helps

#5 ·
1800t-GSR said:
No problems on the Evo II are major unless you get the wonderful crank walk but dont let that put you off as its just bad luck if the car gets it or it doesnt, some cars run for ever without it and others can go within 5k miles.

The main things to be looking out for are gearbox crunching (Usually synchros)

Bushes clunking and bumping (Simple straight forward replacement required which isnt expensive)

Rust on the roof (Again some get it some dont, its down to the bonding used between the roof skin and the cross members gathering damp)

Reliability is great mine never misses a beat (Touch wood) and I use mine every day of the week. All it needs is everyday wear and tear items like bushes at the mo or tyres, oil and brakes.

Fun factor is out of this world, raw but not so raw as its unenjoyable, fast and just plain good fun to drive. No driving aids such as AYC etc just ABS so you can drive it to it's or your limits depending which comes first lol.

As your only using it at the weekend mpg isnt an issue but tbh its not that bad at all compared to the later Evos.

Hope that all helps
Thank you :) great reply..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.