Votes: 27 13.2%
  • Lambo ahead by 3 car lengths

Votes: 32 15.7%
  • Lambo ahead by 10 car lengths

Votes: 9 4.4%

Can Evos really live with supercars?

8K views 75 replies 44 participants last post by  yorkie 
#1 ·
Had the good fortune of racing my brother in his Lambo Gallard last week, on a private run way of course - no really, we were allowed on to the 1.2 mile runway at Waterbeach Barracks.

Armed with my recently purchased Racelogic GPS Performance Box (excellent MLR group buy by the way) we proceeded to do serveral 0-100mph runs down the same strip of runway.

The cars;

Mine - Evo 9 GT, Autronics by NR and rolling roaded at 380bhp, 370lb/ft. 6000 miles, 1390kg, 05 plate

His - Lambo Gallardo, sequantial paddle gear box, launch control, standard 493bhp, 376lb/ft weight c1530kg, 54 plate

After about 5 goes each I looked at the data and picked the best 0-100 time for each - for each car the range was less than 0.4s across their own 5 runs showing good consistency both in the car and the timing gear.

Although 0-100 times are important, I think ultimately it is the distance covered that matters most, afterall, in a prue drag race it is the car in front which wins not who got to a particular speed first.

So who was ahead at the point at which the Evo hit 100mph? A few things to consider....

1) the Evo needs one extra gear change to get to 100 compared to the Lambo (whic can do 62mph in 1st!)

2) the Lambo is also 4 wheel drive, and will rev to 8100 :cool:

3) is was quite a hot day around 22C

Get voting :D :D - I'll try an add a photo or two in a minute.

Nick

See less See more
#4 ·
Hi mate. Did your brother pass by Rendlesham, aka Ben****ers this evening about 6pm? I saw a dark coloured Lambo and there can't be that many around. ;)

EDIT: Bent Waters seems to be a swear word :crackup:

#5 ·
Bazzer said:
Hi mate. Did your brother pass by Rendlesham, aka Ben****ers this evening about 6pm? I saw a dark coloured Lambo and there can't be that many around. ;)

EDIT: Bent Waters seems to be a swear word :crackup:
Might have been - he doesn't live a million miles from there :D

Not much faith in the Evo so far - only 7 out of 21 are gong for an Evo win :cry:

#9 ·
Id say the evo..although the 9gt is a right pain with such short gearing. grrr

Id put a regular evo with around 400bhp first also.

Dont think the gallardo is really that quick, always same issue with standard cars..mapped for smoothness and to be progressive and lil less scary, where as a tuned car is mapped to kick you in the backside lol

How did it go...come on lol

#26 ·
I know this airstrip quite well (lived there some 15 years ago,) the barracks that is not the airstrip. I know which one would win around the perimeter road if its still there, but my guess would be the evo 0-100mph by half a cars length. I guess I'm been biased though :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.