Lancer Register Forum banner

Insurance

521 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  amazingjames 
#1 ·
Hi, im Dan just signed up. Hopefully buying an evo 5 next week...just having trouble finding insurance. Im 20 years old, clean license and 3 years no claims but the cheapest comprehensive cover i can find is £4000....bit steep but if i have to pay it i will...if anyone knows any good insurances to try i would be really greatful. cheers

#4 ·
DAN CR said:
Hi, im Dan just signed up. Hopefully buying an evo 5 next week...just having trouble finding insurance. Im 20 years old, clean license and 3 years no claims but the cheapest comprehensive cover i can find is £4000....bit steep but if i have to pay it i will...if anyone knows any good insurances to try i would be really greatful. cheers
Mate that is about the best you'll get to be honest.

* You're under 21 - I couldnt find a single company to insure me til my 21st birthday.

* You've got a 5 - its an import, more expensive to insure than a UK model.

I'd say, if you want it that much pay the £4k. But if you had a brain (like I once had) wait til your 21st birthday and it should be a whole lot better ;)

#5 ·
if you cant beat 4000 anywhere maybe worth going 3rd party till you turn21 as at leat you can drive it legally and you earn another ncb in the process too making it cheaper when you do turn the big 21... good luck though mate i remember pulling my hair out at 19 insuring an rs turbo but an evo must be miles harder so i feel for you on that 1...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.