Lancer Register Forum banner

What would you do?

444 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Evo'd up 
#1 ·
Hi all, as you may know I've not had the best start in evo ownership, so when I got her back last tuesday I was like a kid in a sweet shop :D She was dyno'd and came back with a healthy 260.7 bhp @ 7400 and 214 lb/ft @ 3800 running 0.8 bar boost :) anyway she needed a new battery so I got one, on the initial start she just wouldn't go :confused: I had her shipped back down to the garage who'd done all the work and it turns out that the engine is blown :cry: timing was out about 5/6 teeth! The garage in question did re-time her up, do you think it's their fault? or did I do somthing wrong when I change the battery? can't see what I could have done

Regards one sad evo owner

#3 ·
if the timing is out then I am guessing that its bent all the valves, and probably buggered your pistons..............I would say they havent done there job. But heres the thing, if the timing is out you'll no almost straight away, unless the timing belt has slipped. If this is the case then it sounds like either they havent got the tension right or the belt tensioners (no idea how you spell it :D) are shot and may well have just happend after you got it back.

Have a chat with them and just point out that you paid them to do work and now its broken and see what they offer you.

Hope you get it sorted out mate

#4 ·
Right for starters my mate and I timed her up, but we replaced EVERYTHING on the cambelt side, new tensioners ect..., we did get the timing wrong :angel: but it was only out by 1 tooth on both cams this was corrected by the garage who did the dyno and when I picked her up all seemed fine, even when I pulled her on to the drive all was good. The comp test they did friday showed no comp in cylinders 1+2 :cry: They didn't say alot and when asked what the ****'s this gonna cost me they said don't worry lets find out whats happened first! I've had no news since and probably won't until tuesday

#5 ·
O.K so they got back to me and said that the problem was with a loose idler? Would this have allowed the cambelt to slip? They also say it is nothing to do with them! Do any of you agree? They re-timed the car and I would have expected them to at least check things over while they were at it. Not sure where to go from here anyone clued up on rights etc....

Regards Ant

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.