Lancer Register Forum banner

Anyone up for letting me drive their 600 bhp + Evo local to Surrey?

3K views 33 replies 9 participants last post by  JonRS2 
#1 ·
Anyone up for letting me drive their 600 bhp + Evo local to Surrey?

I am getting a 700 bhp upgrade in the next couple of months or so and I have already been in two Evo 6s with over 600 bhp but only as a passenger and they were well quick.

Cheers Steve (Steve Reims) and Ian (Viking Boy) for the passenger rides :coolsm:

Mine is currently running 400 bhp and that seems to be slow as I am getting too use to it now hence the full monty 700 bhp upgrade :crackup:

I would like to have a drive of one myself just to see what I am letting myself in for :crackup:

So if anyone would be kind enough to let me have a drive of theirs it would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Jon

#4 ·
raj_uk said:
but you looked as white as a sheet after Steve Reims took you for a spin

are you sure you'll be able to drive one ?

;)
:moon: :crackup:

Give me that data logger Raj and you will find out how well I can drive - how many G's can it read :crackup:

BTW I am normally that colour mate - I am almost an Albainian - I just need the pick eyes :crackup:

#8 ·
karlosg said:
il put u in the passenger seat of mine and turn boost to 2.4 bar mate or come to japshow at the pod and il be hopefully running race fuel at 2.4 bar ;) ;)
Cheers Karlos - I won't be at Santa Pod though so it will have to be the passenger ride if that's OK with you matey :coolsm:

#12 ·
denboy said:
so what work needed to get you to 700bhp then jon.got to be costing you a pretty penny to.
Nice one Den - I saw you had replied and thought what funny post am I going to see now :crackup:

The basics of the build are -

Mark's custom built 2.25 litre stroker.

Full Race Twin Scroll GT40 Turbo kit complete with intercooler, turbo manifold and all required pipe work to fit it.

Polished and ported MIVEC head.

50/50 water/methanol injection system to aid cooling the intake temps.

HKS Kamsai? inlet manifold.

Custom made Piper cams.

Standard fuel rail bored out 5 mm - I think.

Tripple plate carbon clutch.

Twin fuel pump system.

1000 cc injectors.

PSI3 display unit - OK that's not a power mod it is only to monitor things controlled by the Autronics.

There is more I think but I can't remember it all now :crackup:

As for the cost - £22K at the moment :eek:

Does that answer your question Den :crackup:

#15 ·
rogerrally said:
Make sure you get a date for completion, and only pay when all done. Marks really busy at the moment, and theres a waiting list.
Thanks Roger - but mine is top of the list as he is pushing bit through trying to get things sorted for me - so time will tell :crackup:

#16 ·
denboy said:
Does that answer your question Den

umm,yes,i think :crackup:

good luck to you mate,all the best with the build. ;)
Thanks Den :coolsm:

If I don't see you before I will see you at Brands with my sluggish 400 bhp Evo :crackup:

#18 ·
Re: Re: Anyone up for letting me drive their 600 bhp + Evo local to Surrey?

kev hemsley said:
no bloody chance :crackup: :crackup: :crackup:

kev
What are you trying to say there Kev - don't beat around the bush mate :crackup:

#23 ·
Fish Monkey said:
700BHP is not a road car. You just can't use the power. You'll have a lot more fun with a smaller turbo. 500BHP is enough for road use. I would save some cash!
i do know what you are saying but in truth is not 500 over kill also for the average "a" and "b" roads
400 will small turbo minimal lag on rs gears will suit most roads

but if you can stretch to 700 fair play

kev

#24 ·
I found 400 on GSR gears just isn't enough for me unless I am not using all of it :eek:

As for lag - lag is only an issue if you don't use the gears properly isn't it ;)

700 or as close as we can get to it is about as far as Mark is recomending - I think - so if I don't do it now while I have the chance and the spare cash I will never get the chance again.

Also just because it has got 700 doesn't mean to say it can't be lowered if it is found to be too much - as it is better to have it there if I want it later on - then with a quick flick of a switch it can go back up to 700 again for say track use or something.

Mark's not fitting a boost controller just a switch that will allow low or high boost - or something like that.

But surely at the end of the day it is not the fact that 700 on it's own is too much for the road - it is more the case of how it delivers that power and applies it to the road that makes the car drive-able or just over powered doesn't it.

300 can be far too much for the road if it is no delivered and applied to the road correctly.

#25 ·
Anywhere other than the track you just can't keep the pedal down like you do in a 'normal' Evo. It's mental but very tiring and after a while, not worth it. If you were building a track car, I'd say definitely go for it but for a road car, a smaller turbo will be a lot more fun.

Turning the power down is useful but saying you can use the gear box and always being in the right gear are two very different things. Staying in the power band is hard enough on track let alone on the road.

#26 ·
Fish Monkey said:
Anywhere other than the track you just can't keep the pedal down like you do in a 'normal' Evo. It's mental but very tiring and after a while, not worth it. If you were building a track car, I'd say definitely go for it but for a road car, a smaller turbo will be a lot more fun.

Turning the power down is useful but saying you can use the gear box and always being in the right gear are two very different things. Staying in the power band is hard enough on track let alone on the road.
I see what you are saying and you probably know a lot more about it that I do mate - but surely there is much more to it than just foot to the floor ballistic acceleration.

I think it is more to do with how the car reacts and is more responsive in the higher gears as it is ment to have the same acceleration in 6th as it currently has in 2nd as it will also have 600 ft lb of torque aswell as best part of 700 bhp.

The 2.25 litre stroker will counteract some of the lag anyway and will on it's own give the car more power through out the entire rev range so untill it is all sorted we can only speculate at best as to how it is going to drive and if it will be too much to handle on the road as Mark knows exactly what he is doing with this build and it is going to be set up as an everyday driver - that is why he is going for the standard throttle body which will be bored out 5 mm and the standard valves that come with the uprated custom Piper cams.

With this set up he tells me it will make it very good to drive at low speeds and then when it is needed the full 700 can be used.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.