Lancer Register Forum banner

Can someone explain...

764 views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  JonRS2 
#1 ·
Some patience please, new to all this .

Could somebody out there tell us what the dirrerence is between the 260's (VIII). Appears to me that you get a 260, a 260MR and a 260GSR.

I thought I had bought a 260, but the log book indicates a GSR!! Whats the difference, if there is one at all?

Also, was I right in thinking there is no such thing as a 260MR? I was under the impression the MR's were on FQ models?

#2 ·
its all bull mate - not sure where your info is coming from - there is only one EvoVIII - 260 and no other versions of it - apart from the 400>>500 bhp versions you will find on here of course - they are all FQ !!!! :cool:

#4 ·
Ferg F said:

I thought I had bought a 260, but the log book indicates a GSR!! Whats the difference, if there is one at all?

Don't worry mate, it's quite confusing at first.

All the Evo 260's state GSR on the log book, I believe it's because the 260 essentially is a GSR when imported, and then is modified by the Colt Car Company over here before being sold.

All evo's are essentially imports so I have read on here, they are rebadged, and rebranded and sold as FQ's, MR's etc.

With a bit of money invested, it's quite easy to get a 260 to a good level, check out Blair's, and Northy's 260's, they are two of the best examples.

;)

#7 ·
Ferg F said:
Some patience please, new to all this .

I bought a brand new 9 GSR and the log book said it was a Lancer Evo 8 then they changed it to a Lancer Saloon then finally they got the correct vehicle code form Mitsubishi and finally it is on the log book as an Evo 9 GSR - only took them about 6 months to sort it then I changed the plate and they got that right first time.

So don't go by what the log books says it is mate - get someone who knows them to have a look and tell you what it is :crackup:

#8 ·
Cheers for all the replies.

But to be honest, probably more confused!!!

I had been told from the dealer that it was a UK car and not an import. It was bought only being six months old with one previous owner.

Someone mentioned that the GSR has a six speed. I'm missing a gear!!! Despite the log book saying its a GSR.

Never mind, its a great car to drive and I love it :D , despite spending so much time at the V-power pump :eek: .

Just waiting till the warranty is up and then I think a few little mods to increase the power will be the order of the day. None too over the top though as the missis drives it from time to time!

What would be say the best mods to increase the power by say 40-60 BHP? Not going mental on the money front though?

Thanks for all the replies.

#9 · (Edited)
Ferg F said:
Cheers for all the replies.

But to be honest, probably more confused!!!

I had been told from the dealer that it was a UK car and not an import. It was bought only being six months old with one previous owner.

Someone mentioned that the GSR has a six speed. I'm missing a gear!!! Despite the log book saying its a GSR.

Never mind, its a great car to drive and I love it :D , despite spending so much time at the V-power pump :eek: .

Just waiting till the warranty is up and then I think a few little mods to increase the power will be the order of the day. None too over the top though as the missis drives it from time to time!

What would be say the best mods to increase the power by say 40-60 BHP? Not going mental on the money front though?

Thanks for all the replies.
Basic mods to try are Exhaust, decat and air filter then maybe an Ecutech reflash - that should cost too much and should also be good for the 40 to 60 bhp that you are looking for plus a bit extra.

And yes GSR should have 6 speed but only in the 8 MRs and the 9s - I don't think they did a 6 speed box in the first 8s unless it was on the FQ340s and if yours is a 260 it will only have a 5 speed box, the indicators will be on the left and unless it has been changed it will only have a little spoiler on the back with a centre fixing.

Anyway mate enjoy what you have got and in a few months time you will be on here again posting - I want more power - Trust me we have all been there before - just remember though - once you start modding it is hard to stop :crackup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.