Lancer Register Forum banner

Well........... it's here

996 views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  boxman2000 
#1 · (Edited)
After alot of waiting, and a bit more waiting, maybe a smidge more and then the stupid docker (spelling correct although either way would be good!!)

9GT arrived at 4pm today - had my first drive in an Evo by 5pm..........BLIMEY!!!

As soon as I saw it (even in it's filthy state) I know it was the right choice...... those rims DO look absolutely lovely, pics don't do it any justice whatsoever!

I'll bore you with all the details as if you're anything like me you like knowing all this:-

Good stuff first:-
General condition (apart from front bumper) pretty good. Sits nice and low but not too low (in a way which I'll explain after).

Exterior definately has wide arch panels/rims - fronts are HKS and rears are custom but very well done (only issue is the don't quite sit flush to the bumper but no biggy).

Rear spoiler has carbon centre blade, bonnet isn't carbon fibre but some odd panel on the inside of the bonnet which I have no idea what it is (pictures will follow in next few days).

I believe it has a different front stutbrace but not sure what brand as yet.

This has a rear cusco strutbrace also which was a pleasant surprise!

Definately has uprated suspension but not sure as yet.

Wheels seem to be bbs with rays stainless valves with yoko's 17/35's but can't remember full details there.

Interior - excellent, mint!!! Front drivers seat is very 'fitted' and will take a bit of getting used to but makes for a very good driving position and perfect for my weekend toy!

Quick question - does 'Bride' make brackets for the GT seats? I'm positive they don't and this passenger seat has Bride brackets.

I believe the speakers are uprated - tweeters are in the corners by where the wingmirrors attach to the car (if that makes sense) which I'm not sure is standard.

Bad stuff:-

Bumper is obviously trashed:-

Before:-

After:-

Sorry about big pic, took with my phone and really couldn't be bothered to reduce in size - 56k...... don't be so cheap!

Ride is very firm, unsure if that's good or bad yet, probably good but the roads over here aren't great in places!!!

A few little scratches and abrasions here and there but again nothing majorly bad but still there.

Front tyres are worn on the edges, presumably from a combination of rubbing and misalignment.

Not a bad thing again necessarily but the calipers couldn't be closer to the rims if they tried, probably only a couple of mm, obviously that's enough though!

Apart from that there's just a car in need of TLC and a bit of hard work to get it looking it's best (so no more pics until it does!!!)

Now for the worst bit............ it doesn't fit in my drive!!!! If I tried I would have done the same as what the dockers did.... no wonder it happened!!!

Drive is too steep (weired angle!!!)

So now I'm considering either raising the ride height (as it appears the suspension is ride and hardness adjustable) or getting a different bumper..... what I have no idea!!!

I would no way fit 18's there so advans are out for now!!

Lastly for the testdrive......... VERY VERY VERY VERY quick and damn does it grip!!!

The torque is fantastic and the sense of control is very similar to my Clio 172 (which IS a good thing!) but obviously a tad more powerful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm over the moon with it and even though the bumper and other bits can be sorted the issue of the drive has put a little damper on an otherwise top purchase!

Sorry for the long post, hope it was worth it as I've had alot of PM's about how this was coming on and details on it etc so here we go!

Hope to have sorted drive access by the time I take full posession of it (probably 2 weeks - repairs etc).

A very happy and relieved (in part) Pete :D :D :D :D :D :D

See less See more
#2 ·
Nice one Pete, looking forward to seeing more pics of this when you get it all sorted. Definitely one of the nicest on the site, going from your previous pics. Shame about the bumper but that's like i guess, and a replacement is always a good excuse for some modification :D

#3 ·
Glad you're happy Pete.

That car will be a stunner after a bit TLC.

The bumper is a bummer but can be fixed. There doesnt look o be any more damage a a glance at the headlight and bumper are still stting where they shoulb be so I woulnt of thought that is suffered a major shunt.

Get more pics up though :coolsm:

#4 ·
Thanks guys!

Blair - yea I've checked all around and it appears there is a little bit of arch panel damage and the plastic under the wheel arch probably come unclipped.

Just little things as I said - not major.... roll on the repair!!!! :D

Have to figure out how to get the car in the drive...... hmm.... :confused:

#8 ·
davej said:
May sound stupid, but have you tried reversing it on so the bumper low point is last to touch and more levelled out.
Tried that. The house is on the right and the road dips down into guttering and then there are flagstones at the drive entrance, it's worse if anything getting it up the drive in reverse.

I'll just have to put some concrete down and make a ramp...... just a pain!

Thx for feedback, can't WAIT to get this thing tuned a bit and down to a track! She will fly!!!

Pete

#9 ·
Hi Pete the motor looks well wiked shame about the damage but hay ho **** happend's all you need is a road long enough to test it on the island ..................we always go to Normandy for our hol's maybe we will have a look for real .......... :D steve :coolsm:

#11 ·
bad luck on the bumper and your driveway being too steep. Not the best start to evo ownership. :( Maybe have to put it stock set up suspension wise. It will look great with a new oem 9MR front bumper. lovely colour, get some pics up when she's done :cool:

#13 ·
was this the car from a post a while back saying how lucky the guy was?? the 1 with the wide arches that was getting shipped over?? well your not that lucky bud.. shame about what they did to your car mate as it was a stunner in the last pic i saw of it... hope you get it sorted soon and get to enjoy your new toy while the sun is still out and the summer is still with us..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.