Lancer Register Forum banner

Insurance £1290 cheap or not

2K views 37 replies 30 participants last post by  gevolution 
#1 ·
Looked through the forum seen young guys no no claims getting cheaper quotes I'm 37 - 3 yrs NCB good area garaged tracker quote from elephant anyone know of anwhere cheaper?

Jason

FQ 360

#2 ·
Evo 9 FQ-360 said:
Looked through the forum seen young guys no no claims getting cheaper quotes I'm 37 - 3 yrs NCB good area garaged tracker quote from elephant anyone know of anwhere cheaper?

Jason

FQ 360
Try Keith Michaels mate! They are good for Mods as well! Ask for christian 02082880677 :D That quote seems a little steep for age ( no offence) ;)

#3 ·
Re: Re: Insurance £1290 cheap or not

bazevo69 said:
Try Keith Michaels mate! They are good for Mods as well! Ask for christian 02082880677 :D That quote seems a little steep for age ( no offence) ;)
Agree, Keith Michaels.

Im 27, 2 years NCB, Mrs on insurance whos only held license for 2 years, Parked on drive and all mods declared. I pay £1500

#8 ·
X60 EVO said:
I'm with keith michaels. 25 years old, garaged, good area, autronics etc 380bhp and pay £970. 5 years no claims
Re insuring with KM in November and they have quoted me 1740. Im 24 and will have 3 yrs NCB. Got 1500 from A plan though but no like for like cover on mods.... thats with all mods declared on both quotes!

#11 · (Edited)
Evo 9 FQ-360 said:

Jason

FQ 360
£650 for my 9gt protected

**** the Elephant

comp insurance is the one but you must have a class B licence and be a member of a club but that will cost you £50 in total for both

pm me for the details

Pace Ward after two weeks quoted me £970

Keith Michaels said to me we can't touch the £970 quote

#12 ·
Re: Re: Insurance £1290 cheap or not

At your age old man they should be paying you! :eek:

hungrykoi said:
£650 for my 9gt protected

**** the Elephant

comp insurance is the one but you must have a class B licence and be a member of a club but that will cost you £50 in total for both

pm me for the details

Pace Ward after two weeks quoted me £970

Keith Michaels said to me we can't touch the £970 quote

#17 ·
just insured mine for the 2nd time the other day m8 and i was with elephant who wanted £770 for my renewal!! went to bell who quoted £626, eventually got bell down to £595 so snaped it up. its a evo 6 way full no claims, kept on drive age 28. just a few tips i found, tracker on or off policy with bell or dumbo makes no difference in price(**** knows why) and the best tip is put your old folks on as 2nd driver(although they will never get a shot o ma pride and joy!! they only gave me life you no nothing good enough to warrant a shot in the evo!!!) i put ma dad on at the ripe old age of 67 and it brings it down about £100.

#21 ·
Evo 9 FQ-360 said:

Jason

FQ 360
HI, Jason

Got to say the quote you have is unreal, thats far too hi :eek:

I managed to insure my 360 for 810quid !! I'm 25, only have two years NCB and I had a claim 3 yrs ago.

give them a try. Bell online

Hope this helps

Regards

Ben

#24 ·
I’m the same had to pay1470 with elephant, I’m 30, 6 years no claims but have a mc10, I live suburbia so couldn’t understand it funny thing is I tried bell and all the other online insurance and they wanted exactly the same or more perhaps because both elephant and bell are owned by admiral insurance group.

#26 ·
I've just insured my first evo, an evo IV, with Bell for 1300 fully comp.

I'm 22 with 5 years NCB in a high risk area. I put Mam on the policy and it brought it down by a whopping 700 quid :cool: and amazingly it was around 100 quid cheaper to insure it as parked on the street as opposed to in a locked, alarmed garage :confused:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.