Lancer Register Forum banner

evo 8 vs. evo 9?confused

484 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Dave-Cee 
#1 ·
can somebody explain it to me please.i read so much about evo8 mr fq340,but then the new evo 9 its only an fq 340 without an MR.
can you actually get an evo8 just fq340 with or without Mr and same for an evo 9. i just bought an evo 9 fq340 but it doesnt say MR. im new to this jut moved from civic type r so im trying to get bit of knowledge about evos. thanks

#3 ·
xpro said:
can somebody explain it to me please.i read so much about evo8 mr fq340,but then the new evo 9 its only an fq 340 without an MR.
can you actually get an evo8 just fq340 with or without Mr and same for an evo 9. i just bought an evo 9 fq340 but it doesnt say MR. im new to this jut moved from civic type r so im trying to get bit of knowledge about evos. thanks
the only evo 9 MR was a 360 version. evo 8's came in FQ's and FQ MR's. the evo 8 FQ's came in FQ300 and FQ330 versions, and the evo 8 FQ MR's came in 300, 320 and 340 only. If your choosing between the evo 8 and 9. 9 is the way to go. It's an evolution.......and easier to tune

#4 · (Edited)
xpro said:
I have the same car as you.. on the sales invoice it says MR FQ 340 on the logbook it says mitsi 4 door saloon blue, nothing else!

I should be paying the higher tax band as my car was registered in july 2006.. but my tax reminder I got the other day says £185 :) result! AFAIK the MR in a 9 is only the 360?

it can be confussing but I wouldn't worry too much, you will pick it all up on here you have a great car enjoy :)

BTW join up to the MLR well worth it you will save yourself money in all areas.. I am doing my first trackday at silverstone this weekend and it's £99 for first timers (norm £150) get yourself to some meets, I have met some good blokes on here and you can find some very helpful people too..

Dave.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.