Lancer Register Forum banner

Just received the worst news

1K views 19 replies 15 participants last post by  sc_evo 
#1 ·
After having the worst day at work today, then finding out the GT was coming across on the late boat tonight the day just got so much better! :D

Then Mr. Sod and his bl**dy law came up and spoilt my 'high'!

Just had this e-mail from my supplier (not his fault at all I may add):-

"Those asshole dockers have driven your car off the boat without a care in the world and totally trashed the front end of the car – they haven’t even bothered to put the pieces in the car which means we are gonna have to buy you a new front end if the bits can’t be found and repaired.

The whole front bumper is missing due to the kit being made out of fibre glass."

My supplier is going to sort out the problem and claim back but obviously that isn't the point. There could well be damage to the uprated intercooler and mountings etc.

I'm so annoyed as you can well imagine. :cry:

A very pi**edoff Pete

See less See more
#2 ·
boxman2000 said:
After having the worst day at work today, then finding out the GT was coming across on the late boat tonight the day just got so much better! :D

Then Mr. Sod and his bl**dy law came up and spoilt my 'high'!

Just had this e-mail from my supplier (not his fault at all I may add):-

"Those asshole dockers have driven your car off the boat without a care in the world and totally trashed the front end of the car - they haven't even bothered to put the pieces in the car which means we are gonna have to buy you a new front end if the bits can't be found and repaired.

The whole front bumper is missing due to the kit being made out of fibre glass."

My supplier is going to sort out the problem and claim back but obviously that isn't the point. There could well be damage to the uprated intercooler and mountings etc.

I'm so annoyed as you can well imagine. :cry:

A very pi**edoff Pete
If i ever imported an evo, i fly out and sleep in it on the way back.

F***ing dockers.

If they are not knicking parts, there trashing them.

The bits wont be able to be repaired. btw.

:cry:

#3 ·
Yea I know m8, Cwest bumper is fibreglass so that's that gone - bet there's not one like it in the UK too so that's another wait for it to come over from Japan, then as I said other potential damage.

My saving grace I suppose is if it was carbon fibre then it wouldn't have given way as much as fibreglass and done more damage.

Just do not believe my luck! :(

#5 ·
boxman2000 said:
Yea I know m8, Cwest bumper is fibreglass so that's that gone - bet there's not one like it in the UK too so that's another wait for it to come over from Japan, then as I said other potential damage.

My saving grace I suppose is if it was carbon fibre then it wouldn't have given way as much as fibreglass and done more damage.

Just do not believe my luck! :(
Ask for pics of the damage.

Just incase it was just knicked from the car and someone is covering it.

Always pays to be sure.

#10 ·
Did they trash it on the boat or off the boat? If you dont know find out because the ship is responsible for the damage otherwise its the freight forwarders (and believe me, you want it to be the ship not the freight forwarders). Normally a maritime adjuster will get involved asap if the damage occured on the boat.

#15 ·
a bit off topic but we all know dockers screw the nutts of cars like evos when they come into the uk but do you think on brand new evos it does any long term damage to the engine as the cars will be on there running in period which takes around 1000miles i belive plus they will be stone cold when driven hard.

#17 ·
evo 4 me said:
a bit off topic but we all know dockers screw the nutts of cars like evos when they come into the uk but do you think on brand new evos it does any long term damage to the engine as the cars will be on there running in period which takes around 1000miles i belive plus they will be stone cold when driven hard.
I'd often wondered this and to be honest, if all I had to do all day was load cars on/off a boat all day I'd probably thrash it a bit - kinda inevitable! I've seen garage plebs over here taking new RS4's and Porkas to the store kaning it along the coast to ..... the world we live in!!!

As RichW said it is hearsay but I'm sure does go on.

Blair:- yea, as long as it's only the bumper that'd be ok with me - I'm going down later with camera in hand to get some evidence.

evo8260gtr:- yup, cwest - very much appreciate those details, will google and call them today.... let's hope they have one in stock!!!

Just to emphasise the import company I used this has happened to them on less than 0.1% of all their imports (talking thousands of cars here) so I was just one of the unlucky few!

GlobalGB:- the guy who deals with the Jap side of things would have ensured the loading process was sorted without a hitch - it seems very strongly as though it was at Southampton during either the unloading or trip to the customs area - not knowing the docks I couldn't say.

John@TSL:- Thanks m8, yea I'm tempted with a carbon fibre one...... where's Rexspeed when you need him?!! :)

*AL*:- bit calmer now but put the baseball bat down when I realised it wasn't my local shipping company that did it but was UK docks - wouldn't have been restrained if I'd gone over there to pick it up and seen them do it - I'd have gone mental
:mad:

#18 ·
I know of someone who has worked in the docks for CCC, the stories he was told me about few people working there. Lets just say you think your car with a couple of miles has not been raced :cry:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.