Lancer Register Forum banner

power

399 views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  chappers85 
#1 ·
my evo 6 was my first fast/powerfull car.ive done a few mods to it ,im just in the process of getting my ecu sorted just a remap for the meantime,but i was wondering will i notice an increase in performance, as ive sort of grow to not notice the surge what i felt the first time i drove it ,or is this the reason why most on this forum have spent lots on mods.replies would be of great use :coolsm:

#2 ·
the remap is the best mod per ££'s you can do and the most noticable gain too. it feels like you have exchanged your 2 litre lump for a 3 litre lump the way it makes so much difference. it will be much faster pull much harder and really feel alive compared to how it is now.. the zorst and induction mods are nothing compared to a good remap with more boost.. it will be a shock the first time you drive it after getting it done...so the answer to your question is YES YOU WILL NOTICE IT...

#6 ·
thats the big problem...you'l never stop...Im doing mine 400/400 at the moment..but im sure i'l be bored again V soon
You will get bored eventually, as you said, that's the problem. The bigger problem is that the next really noticable stage of modding is a forged engine and larger turbo, which means mega bucks.

The only other option is to find some back roads or do track days, as I find the power is more noticable when you put your foot down around a corners than in a straight line.

#7 ·
chappers85 said:
You will get bored eventually, as you said, that's the problem. The bigger problem is that the next really noticable stage of modding is a forged engine and larger turbo, which means mega bucks.

The only other option is to find some back roads or do track days, as I find the power is more noticable when you put your foot down around a corners than in a straight line.
totally agree fella,if your feeling a little complatent with your evo.. get it on track.. it makes it all come alive again.. ;)

#8 ·
...get it on track...it makes it all come alive again...
I intend on getting mine on a track (or two ;)) at some point, but I want a couple of things doing to it first, and every penny I spend on tracking it is money that could be going on improving it more. Once I'm happy with it, then I'll be giving it some on the track. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.