Lancer Register Forum banner

Evo 8 MR or 9 FQ?

628 views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Dark_Flyer 
#1 ·
Thinking of selling my Evo 8 MR FQ 320 55 plate and getting a 9 FQ 320 do you think I would be doing the right thing or not as I am not sure what to do.

Stu.

#3 ·
why waste money on a 360, when the power level is achieved for the price of a reflash and doesn't void warranty.

do it.

the 9 ecu is very capable, and the mivec makes it a totally different car.

trust me, I have just gone from 8 fq300 to 9 fq340 and faced the same dilemma.

#4 ·
Adamantium said:
why waste money on a 360, when the power level is achieved for the price of a reflash and doesn't void warranty.

do it.

the 9 ecu is very capable, and the mivec makes it a totally different car.

trust me, I have just gone from 8 fq300 to 9 fq340 and faced the same dilemma.
How come you didn't go for a 9 FQ 300? The chap here has the MR 320 so the difference to the 9 320 will be minimal, in fact, if it is a performance gain I'd personally keep his car and have a ecutek flash and take it up to the 380/400 mark.

All depends on his reasons for wanting to change...?

#5 ·
Leon_MR340 said:
How come you didn't go for a 9 FQ 300? The chap here has the MR 320 so the difference to the 9 320 will be minimal, in fact, if it is a performance gain I'd personally keep his car and have a ecutek flash and take it up to the 380/400 mark.
I agree. Trading your car up could cost you thousands through depreciation on your 8 + extra needed for the 9. If you have that money to spend, spend it modding the 8.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.