Lancer Register Forum banner

fq340 jap import????

1K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  volturb40 
#1 ·
hi all,
i have a newbie question,bit lost here.
at the moment im buying an evo and need an advice,
do the jap evos come in fq version.i had a look at AN EVO 9 fq 340 with all the extras and had leather seats with ralliart logo engraved and a 340 and a serial number beside the gearstick.i was told it was an import,but now im confused because i tought that ralliart 340 desing was only in uk cars.

thanks

#3 ·
All FQ models are Japanese cars officially imported to the UK, tweaked and then sold through Mitsubishi dealerships.

So, a "real" FQ 340 would be a UK car for insurance purposes.

However, some of your description doesn't ring true for an FQ 340, was the serial number beside the gearstick, or behind it (when viewed from the rear of the car)?

Also, maybe someone else can confirm, but I thought only the VIII 330s came with the Ralliart logoed seats, and the others could get the option, but not the Ralliart logo?

#4 ·
From the description of the car, it sounds more likely that its wrongly called an import and is in fact a UK car.

BTW, all Evo's are technically imports, it's just that some are imported (and converted to FQ spec) by Mitsubishi UK and some are imported independently by grey importers or private individuals. It's just become the norm that Mitsubishi UK imported cars are normally referred to as UK cars and independently imported ones are referred to as imports or grey imports.

#6 ·
the fq340 and serial no. are behind the gearstick. its bit wierd cause on the log book says that is an import,but car appears to be just an ordinary uk evo ix. even the spedometer reads in miles and has little ralliart logo,where i presume japs are in kilometers.im getting a very good deal so thats the only thing thats buggin me.

#9 ·
blackevo7 said:
not sure mate. I have a evo 8 which is a uk car but one of the 1st bought into the country and is therefore is only the 280 version and in that i have the leather seats with the ralliart logo on them.
For a short time when the Evo 8 was first launched CCC did sell a UK 280 or GSR version which was basically factory spec. They didn't sell them for too long and moved to FQ only cars which have been the only official UK models since.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.