Lancer Register Forum banner

fq 360 been conned 05 plate

6K views 64 replies 29 participants last post by  neilclear 
#1 · (Edited)
fq 360 been conned 05 pics added

heres the link to the garage who sold it
http://www.peterneillcars.co.uk/

The link to the garage who sold it is below, I have sent a letter for a full refund 9 days ago and had to call them to see if they

had letter, They have had it since then no contact from them to resolve the issue please beware of this dealer. I am paying the price now but oft have escalated the issue so court will be shortly

hi guys i bought a fq 360 6 weeks ago since then the air con has gone 6 gear and many other faults put it in for warranty work only to be told by the garage in cardiff no warranty as the car has been in a front end bump and not repaired correctly i payed £19000 for the car from peter niall cars the car was serviced by rampage motor sport have gone to the office of fair trading and am trying to get a full refund the garage i bought it off said never been in a accident and the guys who service it said they new and the garage got it direct from mitsi after haveing the car for 2 weeks all breaks had to be renewed as down to metal only done 800 mile from the supposed last service if any you guys use rampage motor sport just be carefull any advice would be greatly appreciated thanks neil clear 07834636241[
http://www.peterneillcars.co.uk/

See less See more
#5 ·
thanks

just had a ieae independent assesor report on the car not good and it is a legal document i cant wait for my day in court misi warranty involved now also trying to get top gear involved and the ferret and what car dodgy dealers need sorting out the mitsi garage was the colt car company

#10 ·
Neil

Please use.

Punctuation it.

Will make a lot more.

Sense.

Cheerz

Rampant

#11 ·
i thought that if you bought a car from a dealer, no matter what the problem is, you have a 3 month warrenty in case something does go wrong with the car?

so if thats the case and i do belive it is, they at least have to repair the 6th gear and the air con, but i would be careful as they might just bodge it up and it might not last long :cry:

#17 · (Edited)
Neil, sales of goods act 1979, sales of goods and services 1982 and the Sale and Supply of Goods to Consumers 2002.

"must sell goods that are as described and of satisfactory quality"

I would say yours fails under the second part and possibly under the first. Consider also if there could have been deception involved when selling the car to you, which is a criminal offence, and you should report to the police if you suspect that.

I think you seem to be on the right path fom what you are saying but be careful about bounding names about on public forums.

Resolve the issue first, then come out with the whole story.

Good luck.

#18 ·
hi thanks for the reply am currently going for the sale of goods act 1979 as ammended that they misrepresentedb the car with a full manufactures warranty have to wait 3 more days then the office of fairtrade will take the case on yes u r correct about names will take them off for now lol

#19 ·
also sign up for full membership, if you had done that before you bought, you would never have bought that one.

worth every penny of the £35.

and good luck,

press car, that sucks. :(

#21 ·
neilclear said:
ok dont want to sound stupid whats a press car
not stupid question if you dont know the answer, s a good question.

Its one CCC (uk mitzi dealership) give to all the motoring mags, so they may write about the car, they generaly rag the arse off it.

#22 ·
ok thats why the guy who sold it said it was chipped to 380 BHP so when it was test drove it would go better now i see car does go well mind just shame about the history of it and the hidden damage oh well will have to look for another when i sort this out thanks for the info to be honest has pput me off evos a little

#23 ·
I've got a feeling there were several 360's created some time prior to the 360 being launched for press and development purposes. This may have been one of them and unfortunately the press cars do have a hard life and many have accidents.

Press cars do enter the second hand market and normally referred to as ex-CCC directors cars.

If the car is described properly and the price reflects its past, I wouldn't see it as a problem, but here the cars past hasn't been made clear.

Surely your grievance is with Peter Niall cars though and not Rampage? I think the hard part will be trying to prove that Peter Niall were aware of the cars past and didn't disclose it, and it sounds like Rampage can confirm they did.

#24 ·
What you need is proper legal advice, not a bunch of rubbish from people who watch too much The Bill. Top Gear don't care and neither do TS, and the police sure as **** don't.

Go down to the CAB and have them explain the process for rejecting a car and follow it. It'll just be a letter off to them saying you want your money back in x days. Until you've done the basics no-one can really help you.

One thing that will be held against you is the price of the car and the fact that it has been 6 weeks, but you don't say how quick you had your initial problems.

Anyway, have a look here for a started then get down to the CAB

http://www.bbc.co.uk/consumer/guides_to/car_dealer.shtml

Also don't listen to Ben_S, he's full of ****.

#25 ·
neilclear said:
ok thats why the guy who sold it said it was chipped to 380 BHP so when it was test drove it would go better now i see car does go well mind just shame about the history of it and the hidden damage oh well will have to look for another when i sort this out thanks for the info to be honest has pput me off evos a little
Long as it makes you smile when you drive it. :)

Most evo's get the tits ragged off them tbh.

Its the nature of the car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.