Lancer Register Forum banner

buying fq 300

487 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  AlbUSE 
#1 ·
hello all , i have seen a few nice evo 8`s on keighley trade and perfomance`s website and i was wondering if anyone had dealt with them,if so what were they like with customer care(warranty,quality of vehicle, prices etc) and would very much like to hear all opinions good or bad all info would be very helpful and appreciated- thanks in advance

#4 ·
I bought my E4 from them 2 years ago. As soon as I hit slow moving traffic on my way home, the AYC squarking noise started. I thought, bo**ox, I've bought a faulty one. But after having the AYC fluid changed, it drove perfect.

I had my E4 for two years with no problems what so ever. Although, I would advise anyone looking to buy a car from them, go for the most standard spec possible. My E4 was COMPLETELY standard, standard exhaust, wheels, air box, interior, everything. They didn't really want to sell it to me and offered a fully fettled, big wheels, brakes, exhaust, all stickered up, roll caged, noisey tappets, oil leaking one for the same money. WHY???

The one I bought was the cleanest one of the 8-10 they had at the time. Yeah it had a few small scratches here and there but nothing you wouldn't expect from a 1996 car. Some of their cars were in horrific condition though. Rusting, broken or no locks. Wires hanging from the dash.

2 years, 25,000 hassle free miles later, I sold it for £500 less than what I had originally bought it for :D

So, yes most of the stories are true but there are still bargains to be had. Tread carefully though!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.