Lancer Register Forum banner

Help Help Help Urgently Required

1K views 28 replies 11 participants last post by  V5 MAN 
#1 ·
Hi all,
I'm new to the EVO scene and am ready to buy my first EVO.
I'd really appreciate it if you could read the spec of the car and its' price and let me know if the price is a reasonable one and if I should be looking out for anything when going to view the car.

Mitusbishi Lancer EVO 4 1996 P reg Gunmetal Grey

Usual EVO 4 specification
4EW
Electric mirrors
water spray
strut brace
mapped and chipped to 300bhp
AC Climate control
Ralliart moodflaps and gauges
boost gauge
SS Exhaust
Induction kit
Original oz alloys
cat 1 alarm
lexus lights on rear
reverse sensors
tinted windows

I'm looking to pay £6750

Please reply with any feedback.

Thanks

CONTI

See less See more
#9 ·
There are two different models

The GSR and the RS, given that the one your off to see has e/w etc, its a GSR.

Do a search on AYC and Crankwalk, two expensive items to fix. Other than that check anything you would on a normal car you'd go to buy.

#11 ·
CONTI said:
thanks

is the rs the better of the two?

i'll have a read
thanks again
The rs has a better rear diff, no AYC to go wrong and is much stronger. But it may have limited creature comforts, such as electric windows

Also, it might be worth paying a bit more for a 4 that has a later engine, 5 engine onwards fitted, as these dont suffer cranwalk

Stu

#18 ·
#20 ·
Re: Re: Re: evo6

weekenny said:
Looks a **** heap and not the best first stab at evo ownership. A breaker or track dog at best that one.
Maybe, but maybe my preferances might come into it a bit, as i'd rather have a 6 over a 4 for the same money, saying that, if i found a mint 4 rs, with a later engine, i'd choose that

Just showing options really

Stu

#22 ·
update

hi all
the evo4 does not have any history with it.
All i'll be getting are the keys and the v5.
Is it worth going for if in good condition when I go and see it?

#26 ·
i think thats a bit unfair to say leave the 4 alone!!! theres some great well looked after examples knockin about, yea some do suffer crankwalk, but i would say most have been sorted now better engines etc, as for rust :rolleyes: dont the 5/6 /7s suffer from it??
dont slag the4 :crackup: :crackup: :crackup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.