Lancer Register Forum banner

HPI question

1K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  cossie1 
#1 ·
I have been doing an HPI and it keeps failing on:

The V5 registration document issue date does not match the information provided by the DVLA

The date I am entering is the date of first registration. Is there a different date I should be entering. The car was bought brand new but had a Personel Plate put on it before delivery. The V5 shows only the one date for both date of first registration & first registration in the UK. Should I enter the original plate? Will it cost me again to do so?

#3 ·
smrga01 said:
I have been doing an HPI and it keeps failing on:

The V5 registration document issue date does not match the information provided by the DVLA

The date I am entering is the date of first registration. Is there a different date I should be entering. The car was bought brand new but had a Personel Plate put on it before delivery. The V5 shows only the one date for both date of first registration & first registration in the UK. Should I enter the original plate? Will it cost me again to do so?
The date you need is the issue date of the reg doc was issued.

#6 ·
smrga01 said:
The site I am using is only charging £5.
I tried putting in the date that the plate transfer took place and it still comes back with the same error. Which date should be correct?
The date shown at the bottom of the reg doc, that says issue date.

Or doc reference date

It's at the very bottom, just above a barcode I think, on the side with all the car details on

#8 ·
Brilliant!
Thanks cossie1. I was going to try that date but it was over 3 years after the car was registered, thought the issue date would have been the first registration. Thanks again.
Anyway the car comes back as OK.
The V5 only refers to the issue date as a Doc Ref number. Confused me anyway.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.