Lancer Register Forum banner

Picking up my Yellow V Saturday Morning

663 views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  Bazzer 
#1 ·
well as it says on the top got me flight bookedfor my Boy and I from sunny South Wales up to Glasgow @ 8.10 in the morning so all going well she will be mine by 10am.
to say im excited is an understatement this is my dream car and has been for a number of years now and it is finally here ok im 37 but hey every one has a dream dont they??
and the day gets even better the wife has bought me a P Plate to put on her as a early bday treat

i think im gona have to have a few shandys tonite to aide the sleeping :D

Nobby

#2 ·
congratulations mate im well pleased for you after reading that. the 5's are a great car and very rare too and with it being yellow its the 1 to have.. its a long drive home for you but by the time you get back to your house you'l have fallen in love with the car propperly.. its amazing the first time you fire the evo up once it belongs to you and you'l never forget the moment. its like your first kiss or the moment your child is born..your going to become friends with the attendant at the local shell so dont forget to add them to your christmas card list.. are you going to modd it or keep it standard?? i bet within a month or 2 youl have a zorst and induction kit on there whilke your waiting for the remap.. every1 says they wont but they always do it. its all part of owning the car and if you think its fast now wait till its running a tad more boost... good luck with the car mate and i hope you and your son have a great drive home in it together.. if he's old enough to know what it is then all the more fun...but whatever y0u do don't neglect the mrs once you got the car.. its easy done... all the best in yopur yellow 5 mate and if youy haven't got your name down for the world record breaking attempt the mlr is holding then please do so asap as its for charity and will be a great family day out.. happy motoring mate.....

#9 ·
well its here................

But the day started with a delay in the flight but ok not to worry and got to Glasgow for around 9.45 by 10 we were looking at the car done the deal and poodled around and filled her up with some V Power right lets go um NO traffic jam for around 4 miles bumper to bumper not good i say when you have a paddle clutch and you aint driven 1 before but we survived UNTILL

going alongthe M6 where the road splits on a nice fast right hander we were in the inside lane and some plank decided to over take us, we were doing 65 and this guy was i doing roughly 85-90 in a pug 406 with it P*****g down with rain, next thing i can see his arse end breaking away and started bouncing around as if it was gona roll but some how he ended up going throgh all the chippings and scattering mud, grass and chippings over the road.
so we stopped to see if he was ok and this old guy stumpled towards us so i turned round to find he had put my front o/s fog light through and put all stone chips over the front end
so the day didnt start to good

so im after a front fog now as well as mirrors and bonnet plastic bit

Nobby

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.