Lancer Register Forum banner

how often do you drive your evo if its not driven daily?

3K views 63 replies 46 participants last post by  amazingjames 
#1 ·
for the many out there who like myself use another car on a daily basis and use the evo as a weekend/fun/toy, im interested to see how often you drive your evo?

il start off i try to get her out once a week at least sometime more, i bought the car with 4k on it july 2005, now she sits at 18.8k so there a rough idea. However i was using it as a daily driver till last febuary. These days i reckon i dont get the chance do drive her anymore than 300-400 miles max a month sometimes even less.

#9 ·
MikeC said:
I see no reason why an Evo should be kept for 'best', they are good cars but hardly anything to shut away. I drive ours every day.
i agree however mine has been resprayed last year, c-west aero parts, forged wheels etc so its best left for fun weekend run or trackday, i enjoy driving it more this way, really look forward to driving it, before i just drove it didnt feel special every day

#12 ·
Drove my last one everyday and did about 3000 miles a month in it for about 2 1/2 years then worked out I was cheaper keeping it for weekends and having a rep mobile for during the weekend.

Current one only comes out once or twice a month but once the mods are done I think it will be every weekend!

#14 ·
Live in the city centre, work in the city centre, drink in the city centre so the car stays in the underground car park most of the time. Maybe gets out a couple of times a week for a scoot to the missus' house or just for a blast, but not too often really.

Personally i prefer it this way as it keeps the miles down and you retain the novelty of it as well :D

#15 ·
I have done 7000 miles since Dec last year but getting another day to day now so will just be sitting in the garage unless trackday or out for a blast. Just too quick and impractical for day to day use now

#19 ·
lets face it there just a fast 4 door saloon car and not a prize possesion that should be wrapped in cotton wool and stored in a museum. there not rare there not exotic there just a car. i drive mine every day in all weathers and dont really give it much respect in that sence. its not like its a classic ferrari dino or an astin martinn db5... i cant see the point in having 1 of these and only using it when the sun is out. there just not special enough for that kind of treatment. i understand if its say a mak an extreme or another limited edition and you want to keep the miles down on it but otherwise your kidding yourself. those of you who have 1 and drive another car to work because of the cost fair enough but the money your saving on juice your spending on mot's insurance and upkeep on the tunaraound so are you really saving anything??.

#20 ·
I cant get out of mine, as soon as im home from work i get a shower and have my tea then go out. It costs me about £40 a night but how i see it is if you dont mind spending the money on fuel etc then thats what its for to be driven :cool:

#22 ·
I drive mine most days to work. 80 mile round trip 320miles a week. At least it gives Essex police something to do. Pulled up 3 times now, only once for speeding, getting a collection of breathaliser tubes going.
Why have a dog and bark yourself.
Still on that note, im looking for a cheap runaround coz fuel is nutty for it.

Iain

#24 ·
i use a van for work my mrs use's the evo to go to work in and i drive it everywhere else use to have renault 5 gt turbo and only did 650miles in 2 years! i'd get home from work and just couldn't be bothered to take it out and the mrs used a different car for work so it never got driven now we've only got the evo its use'd all the time i agree with amazingjames its just a quick car so use it rain or shine

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.